Gender and youth
Based on all available data and reports, NALAS finds it essential to design activities and
measures towards enhanced inclusion of young people and women in local government
affairs in South East Europe. The strategy for addressing these issues at NALAS includes:
• Promote exchange of experience and successful projects among members;
• Scaling up national projects;
• Sign and become an Ambassador of the European Charter for Equality of Women and
Men in Local Life;
• Engage in promotion of participation of young people and women at local elections;
• Strive for greater youth and gender balance in NALAS governing bodies;
• Develop publication policies for balanced representation of female and young issues;
• Include stories on women and young people in LG in NALAS communication materials:
newsletter, digest, website;
• Include a section of gender and youth in NALAS Knowledge Tree;
• Establish a Focal point on Gender and Youth in each NALAS member and through
them a gender and youth network.
NALAS is seeking for competent Gender Expert whose assignment objective is to support strengthening the gender mainstreaming in the NALAS statutory and strategic documents as well as development of the capacities of its members – Local Government Associations and their municipalities.
NALAS work in the area of gender mainstreaming at local level in South-East Europe was presented at the regional conference "Promoting the values of gender equality: Civil society for social changes", organised in Skopje, Macedonia, on 28 September 2016.
Announcement of the winners of the GENiYOUTH Municipal Initiatives Awards - Inclusion of Women and Youth in Local Government Affairs in South East Europe 07.04.2015
Fiscal Decentralization Task Force discusses Gender Responsive Budgeting at the Local Level 27.03.2015
NALAS joins marking of 16 Days of Activism against Gender Violence-Training on Gender Equality and Gender Responsive Budgeting 04.12.2014